I have, with great surprise, discovered that other bloggers get contacted by companies who wants them to test and review their products. Not only does this reveal that I have been in a technological vacuum for the past many years (thinking that stories were shared orally – how old-school is that!) it also reveals something about how naive I am when it comes to product promotion. OF COURSE they are using the personal touch. Good thing I don’t work in advertising.
I’ve been all excited about the world of products I could test for a few days now. Then I became realistic. The field is very narrow. Very, very narrow.
- I have never read an instruction for anything.
- Very few gadgets interest me
- I cannot open anything in a jar, bottle, plastic wrap – you name it
- I lose my patience with most things in less than three nanoseconds
- if it is fancy, I’m not interested (like handmade Tibetan fig jam with cinnamon and smoked grass)
- I’m one of the most clumsy people I know
- I really am very clumsy
Then it dawned on me! This is the type of product-testing I can do for you:
- Market interest: if I’m interested – even really excited about your product you can bet your behind that you are more than four years behind all evolution
- Packaging: if I’m able to unwrap your product, you need better packaging
- Fanciness: If I like it, you may want to add some sundried Samoan seaweed or a few flowers
- I can be your crash test dummy (this really excites me). If I can use your product for an entire month without breaking it, you have a winner! Your product is ready for EU certification and can be given to children under the age of 3.
So what do you say? Do you have a product you would like me to test?